Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Story Behind the Stones

I've been knee deep in my family's genealogy, which is a passion of mine, for more than 10 years. Unfortunately, I'm far removed geographically from most of my ancestors' final resting places. How I long to find and see some of their gravestones with my own eyes! 

The genealogist in me knows there is someone somewhere searching for the graves of loved ones in the cemeteries in my area. My goal, then, is to scour the area cemeteries here in West Michigan to photograph the graves and monuments, transcribe the inscriptions, and post them here for those who are looking. In this small way I seek to honor their memories.

The three cemetery projects I'm working on are listed on the tabs above. And 'The Stories' tab will chronicle the tales I pick up along the way.

Peggy